- A legitimate president knows “Hypocrisy is the homage that vice pays to virtue.”
- Trump’s Warsaw Speech: some tentative thoughts on the Crisis of the West
- Journalists wrestling Trump for the truth: Fake News and a Post-Truth society?
- Trump, supremacism and political extremism
- Of course, the Queen wants Brexit.
copyright notice© Lawrence Serewicz and Philosophical Politics ,2011-2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Lawrence Serewicz and Philosophical Politics with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Tag Archives: Islam
In the immediate aftermath of the Charlie Hebdo shootings in Paris, Slavoj Zizek wrote a column for the Guardian. Hs purported goal was to help us, the West, think about or even think through the shootings. One imagines that he … Continue reading
Freedom of speech and the freedom of the press are considered important for a free society. Both of these freedoms support the common opinion that binds a society together. The freedom to philosophize is the source for these freedoms. Yet, … Continue reading
The attack in Woolwich has raised questions about how the UK will manage its relationship with its Muslim citizens. More generally, the call for more surveillance power for the state raises questions about how all citizens will be treated. Therein … Continue reading